A Comparative Perceptualization Study
of Global Death Data attributed to
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
and other factors
polymedia perceptualizations (sonifications and visualizations)
Audio Arts and Acoustics Department
Columbia College Chicago
SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Last updated: 2021-04-10
Direct links to charts of raw reported data of daily death numbers,by first letter of region or Country name: | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a contagious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The first case was identified in Wuhan, China, in December 2019. It has since spread worldwide, leading to an ongoing pandemic that spread globally in 2020.
This is a polymedia perceptualization study of data, reported daily, of global deaths that have been attributed to COVID-19.
Note: 'Region' is used here as a generic term to mean 'State', 'Province', 'Territory'. etc.
In this study, for countries without separate regions, the Region Name is equivalent to the Country Name.
The data is... Some more guff about the methods etc
Regions with NO deaths due to Covid-19 reported
Of the 331 regions tracked in this study, the following 26 are reported as having NO deaths due to Covid-19:
| ||Anguilla [United Kingdom]|| Dominica|| Falkland Islands (Malvinas) [United Kingdom]|
| || Grand Princess [Canada]|| Greenland [Denmark]|| Jiangsu [China]|
| || Laos|| Macau [China]|| Marshall Islands|
| || Micronesia|| New Caledonia [France]|| Ningxia [China]|
| || Northern Territory [Australia]|| Northwest Territories [Canada]|| Prince Edward Island [Canada]|
| || Qinghai [China]|| Repatriated Travellers [Canada]|| Saint Helena & Ascension & Tristan da Cunha [United Kingdom]|
| || Saint Kitts and Nevis|| Saint Pierre and Miquelon [France]|| Samoa|
| || Shanxi [China]|| Solomon Islands|| Tibet [China]|
| || Vanuatu|| Vatican|| |
Regions reporting deaths due to Covid-19
Because of the wildly varying ways in which this virus spread globally, and the methods exployed to attempt to control the spread within Regions has also varied, Regions have been grouped in various ways. The principle grouping is by color-coding their daily chart according to the maximum number of deaths in any one day, as follows:
Fig. Table of color-codes for indicating the
|Color||Max. Daily Death rate|
|1 to 10|
|11 to 50|
|51 to 100|
|101 to 200|
|201 to 500|
|501 to 1000|
|1001 to 1500|
|1501 to 2000|
|2001 to 3000|
|3001 & above|
maximum daily death rate for a Region.
In the following, the individual LETTERS on the Left are links to a raw listing charts for all regions being studied whose name begins with that letter.The region-names in the list are colored according to the above Figure. They are links to the individual bar charts.
| ||A ||Afghanistan, Alabama, Alaska, Albania, Alberta, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Anhui, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Arizona, Arkansas, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Austria, Azerbaijan, |
| ||B ||Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Beijing, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bonaire & Sint Eustatius & Saba, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Columbia, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, |
| ||C ||Cabo Verde, California, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Channel Islands, Chile, China, Chongqing, Colombia, Colorado, Comoros, Congo-Brazzaville, Congo-Kinshasa (DR), Connecticut, Costa Rica, Cote dIvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Curacao, Cyprus, Czechia, |
| ||G ||Gabon, Gambia, Gansu, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grand Princess, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guizhou, Guyana, |
| ||H ||Hainan, Haiti, Hawaii, Hebei, Heilongjiang, Henan, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hubei, Hunan, Hungary, |
| ||I ||Iceland, Idaho, Illinois, India, Indiana, Indonesia, Inner Mongolia, Iowa, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, |
| ||L ||Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liaoning, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Louisiana, Luxembourg, |
| ||M ||MS Zaandam, Macau, Madagascar, Maine, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Manitoba, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Michigan, Micronesia, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montana, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, |
| ||N ||Namibia, Nebraska, Nepal, Netherlands, Nevada, New Brunswick, New Caledonia, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New South Wales, New York, New Zealand, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Ningxia, North Carolina, North Dakota, North Macedonia, Northern Mariana Islands, Northern Territory, Northwest Territories, Norway, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, |
| ||P ||Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Pennsylvania, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Prince Edward Island, Puerto Rico, |
| ||S ||Saint Barthelemy, Saint Helena & Ascension & Tristan da Cunha, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saskatchewan, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Shaanxi, Shandong, Shanghai, Shanxi, Sichuan, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Sint Maarten, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Australia, South Carolina, South Dakota, South Korea, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, St Martin, Sudan, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, |
| ||T ||Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Tasmania, Tennessee, Texas, Thailand, Tianjin, Tibet, Timor-Leste, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turks and Caicos Islands, |
Types of Region/Country groupings on this Site
States and Provinces
- Australia: Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia.
- China: Anhui, Beijing, Chongqing, Fujian, Gansu, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guizhou, Hainan, Hebei, Heilongjiang, Henan, Hong Kong, Hubei, Hunan, Inner Mongolia, Jiangsu, Jiangxi, Jilin, Liaoning, Macau, Ningxia, Qinghai, Shaanxi, Shandong, Shanghai, Shanxi, Sichuan, Tianjin, Tibet, Xinjiang, Yunnan and Zhejiang.
- Canada: Alberta, British Columbia, Diamond Princess, Grand Princess, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories. Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Repatriated Travellers, Saskatchewan and Yukon.
- Denmark: Faroe Islands and Greenland.France: French Guiana, French Polynesia, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte, New Caledonia, Reunion, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Pierre, Miquelon and St Martin, and Wallis and Futuna.
- Netherlands: Aruba, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Curacao and Sint Maarten.
- USA: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland,,Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
- UK: Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Channel Islands,Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Gibraltar, Isle of Man, Montserrat and Turks and Caicos Islands.
Last update of this page: 2021-04-10